The Post-Gazette is the strongest media vehicle in the Pittsburgh market, reaching nearly three-quarters of Allegheny County adults during the course of the week and virtually four out of five over the course of four Sundays. (Scarborough 2003, Release #2, 12-Month Average)
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is part of the family-owned Block Communication Inc. (BCI), which also owns the Blade of Toledo, Ohio.
Originally published in July of 1786, this four-page weekly was named the Pittsburgh Gazette. Following the end of WWI, Pittsburgh had 5 newspapers. After a series of mergers and exchanges, Mr. Paul Block published the first edition of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on August 2, 1927.
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is in the Pittsburgh, PA DMA. The Pittsburgh Post Gazette offers ROP and insert advertising opportunities in its daily and Sunday circulation. Echo Media has direct relationships with over 7,500 newspapers providing tremendous local coverage.