New York Hispanic BUYING POWER was $52.6 billion in 2000 and will nearly DOUBLE by 2010 to $98.8 billion.
Source: Hispanic Consumer Market in 1999 and Forecast to 2020: by Standard & Poor’s DRI
The Spanish Market of the Bronx & Westchester, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan
· The Hispanic population is growing 5 times faster than any other consumer group
· New York is the 2nd largest Hispanic market in the U.S.
· 1 out of every 4 New Yorkers is Hispanic or of Hispanic descent
· The majority of Hispanics are bilingual, but prefer speaking Spanish at home
· Hispanics respond more effectively to advertising in Spanish
· New York Hispanic purchasing power will continue to grow at a faster rate than non-Hispanic purchasing power
· The New York Hispanic market represents more than $52 billion in purchasing power
· Half of all Hispanic households earn over $50,000
Echo Media works with a large number of localized Hispanic publications
in the New York
metro area. To view our full list of these programs, go to www.echo-latino.com, and select the NY DMA from the national map.